Hey! I'm lisa
I love adventures, moments & connection
I enjoy kayaking, biking, swimming, hiking, and basically just being outdoors as much as is humanly possible!
check! completed bucket list items
- Riding in a biplane around the entire circumference of Acadia with my husband
- Jumping off a waterfall while holding my daughter’s hand
- Night-swimming, tubing, spelunking in a muddy cave, parasailing
- Soaking in the sun in Cinque Terre, stamping my passport a few times
- Seeing the original cast of Hamilton on Broadway…
- Renting a treehouse with friends to attend a music festival
- Swimming with whale sharks in international waters: amazing + terrifying
- Climbing, running, sailing is my absolute favorite
- Adding an adorable puppy, Stormy, to our family
- Repelling through a cave into an underground river
- Staying in a Colorado Chalet on Bear Creek while hearing Brandi Carlisle play at Red Rocks & hiking Garden of the Gods
- Seeing a double rainbow under Niagara Falls, getting pampered at the spa with my friends
- Stamping that “national parks passport” with the kiddos—Yosemite, OMG, those Sequoia trees…
- Eating lunch in a hammock in the rainforest, crossing the Golden Gate Bridge on top of an open tour bus
- Snorkeling in a coral reef, staying in so many supercool Airbnbs (I have a knack for finding the best ones!)
- Enjoying Live-music whether it’s a sold-out show in Madison Square Gardens or acoustic band at the local pub…
Starting a family with my best friend, staying up late at night talking about deep things with my kids and adding a puppy to our family–backyard campfires, cooking together, watching the seasons change…
I absolutely love to travel and we travel often as a family. We have a map in our dining room with push pins of all of the places we have been! A few highlights in the US include: Joshua Tree, NYC, Crater Lake, Boston, Outer banks, Seattle, Harper’s Ferry, Boston, Key West & San Fransico. The photo is from one of my favorite modes of transportation– sailboats!
We live in a historic home adjacent to the Shippensburg University campus. There are 20 lakes and hundreds of hiking trails within an hour drive of my home in Shippensburg, PA. There are several local colleges nearby so there are some great options in terms of food, art, entertainment here. We love taking day trips to all of the places nearby—we are roughly 2 hours from Washington DC and Baltimore, 3 hours from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and 4 hours from New York City.